NEW THIS SEASON!
GSP is offering an incredible opportunity to ONE Advanced level dancer, IN EACH CONVENTION CITY!
One elite dancer from each city will be chosen to receive a $500.00 scholarship to train in Vancouver BC with The Source Dance Company (directed by Joanne Pesusich).
This scholarship will go towards tuition for one season of training and performing with The Source Dance Company...an incredible opportunity!
Dancers who wish to be considered for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be 16 years of age or older
2. Must attend the full convention in the Advanced Level.
3. Must attend the Scholarship audition class at GSP
4. Must fill out the online audition form and submit it one week prior to the convention date.
5. Must submit a video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A short introduction (tell us who you are!)
- Across the floor technique (turns, jumps etc)
- A short contemporary combo (1 minute minimum)
- A short hip hop combo (1 minute minimum)
Videos must be received no later November 18, 2019.
To find out more about The Source Dance Company, visit their website at www.sourcedancecompany.com
The dancer who receives this scholarship may use the scholarship for the 2020/21 season, or the 2021/22 season, providing they are still dancing at the same level as when they were awarded the scholarship.
One dancer will be chosen in each city from our convention tour this Fall, including Fort McMurray, Vancouver and Edmonton.
The winners will be announced at the end of our Fall season, and will be contacted via email.
The recipients must relocate to Vancouver BC at their own expense.
Accommodation is not provided. The scholarship is for training with the company for one season only. (The total cost for one full season is $3,937.50. Applying this scholarship makes the full season fees only $3,437,50.)
Source Company members are also responsible for taking additional classes each month at Harbour Dance Centre, at their own expense. ($96/month)
The scholarship does not cover costume fees, or travel fees for company travel.
The scholarship is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
The total value of the scholarship is $500.00 including GST.